Thursday, March 15, 2007

Summer Vacation Plans + Netflix

Well, it looks like my summer getaway plans are set in stone: I'm going to Atlanta.

Trevor got hired by Atlantic Southeast Airlines today, so he'll be moving to Atlanta the first week in April. While I knew he would be leaving in April if he got the job, I wasn't expecting it to be quite so early in April. He has to be in Atlanta on Easter Sunday to start training the following day. Yucky, huh?

I'm glad he's moving to Atlanta, as opposed to any other major city (I'm not glad he's moving, just that he's moving to ATL). My mom's cousin Jill and her family moved there last spring. Last time I talked to Jill, she was absolutely loving everything about the area. She will probably be thrilled when she hears I'm coming to visit this summer, so I'm pretty excited to talk to her again!

Trevor should be landing in Minneapolis in about an hour, and then he's taking the train from there to Fargo so he can pick up his car and drive back to Grand Forks. He should be getting in around 5 or 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. It seems like this standby crap really sucks -- and it's how I'll probably be flying to visit him this summer. :(


I never did buy a DVD player yesterday, so I didn't rent any movies. However, I did sign up for Netflix last night ( 1 DVD at a time, unlimited monthly rentals, for $8.99/month). My first movie, Stranger Than Fiction, should be arriving tomorrow. I figure that as long as I watch three or more movies a month, I'm doing better than going to Blockbuster. Plus, as long as I mail movies on Monday, I should almost always have a new movie by Friday night, which is the universally recognized "crappy TV and no homework night." I think closest distribution center is actually in Fargo, so turnaround time on the DVDs should be about two days.

You're probably wondering why a 20-something girl doesn't have a DVD player, right? Well, let's just say I had one...and it mysteriously broke while I was living in the old apartment with the girl who had no respect other people's things. The DVD player's mysterious breaking was discovered shortly after the shelves it had been on disappeared into the awful roommate's bedroom. My best guess is that she didn't realize the DVD player was on the shelves, and she dropped it - hard - when she was moving the shelves. Rather than say anything, she rather unconvincingly played dumb when I mentioned the DVD player didn't work any longer.

Yeah...That's why she's referred to as Awful Roommate. She's just an awful person in general.

No comments: