Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm going to St. Louis!

Being a student newspaper editor has its perks: all-expenses paid conferences in Minneapolis, free tickets for reviewing the Black Eyed Peas concert, and a trip to the Frozen Four in St. Louis. I'll be leaving next Wednesday afternoon for St. Louis. I'm excited for the 900 mile drive. It's going the the furthest I've been from North Dakota, with the exception of one terribly boring trip to West Virginia that didn't really feel like it actually happened.

The plan is to stop for the night in Omaha, Nebraska on Wednesday, drive the rest of the way on Thursday, and probably go straight to the first game of the day.

Wednesday is also the day Trevor will begin his trek to Atlanta, stopping first in the Twin Cities to drop some things off and visit his parents for a day or two before driving down to Atlanta. He does get a few days off two weeks after he begins training, so with luck, he's going to be able to come visit for a couple days.

In other news, I got my first piece of hatemail today. :)

No comments: