Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I keep thinking I'm going to give Trevor heck for not updating his blog, but then I realized that I haven't updated since three days after his last update. Opps.

I finished my senior year of college with a 3.4 GPA. Since student teaching is a pass/fail 16 credit course, that means I should be graduating in December cum laude. Pretty exciting stuff, I guess. I'm not sure if it's good enough to get into graduate school, but I'm not sure I want to go to graduate school, either. I'm really indecisive about that right now. On one hand, I'd be really happy to stay at UND and work on a Masters in Educational Leadership. On the other hand....I'm freaking tired of living in Grand Forks, being a poor student, and taking my work home with me each night in the form of homework. I'm ready to teach and have prep periods for doing my "homework." I rocked at using study hall time in high school, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to rock at using my prep time as a student teacher.

I've been working a lot this summer. I'm the full time day server at Tavern United, but my schedule has been kind of wonky lately. With so many coworkers taking time off for the summer, I've found myself working a lot of weird schedules to accommodate for their weird schedules. It's a really fun job. My customers run the gamut from cute young married guys playing wingman for their unmarried friends to the adorable little old ladies who think the plaid skirts are just darling. I've never had a customer I've hated, and I've only had a few customers who seem to have hated me. Of course, two of the three were women who I believe were annoyed by the short skirt I was wearing while serving their husband/boyfriend/son.

I was out of town in the middle of June for a week to celebrate my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary in Bismarck. We took an extended family weekend trip down there for a nice dinner at Jack's Steakhouse, and then we all visited the zoo together the next day. While the trip wasn't horrible, it could have been better. One of my cousins was acting like someone half her age, and it was muggy and hot the day we went to the zoo. Most of the animals were hiding or sleeping while we were there, so it wasn't really a fun trip to the zoo. A pair of wolves really got into it while we were there, but we couldn't see it. We did see a cougar that tried to attack a family through the fence, though.

That's pretty much it for now. I promise I'll check in again before another two months passes.

No comments: